The 2012 baseline report summarizes potential impacts of climate change for BC agriculture sector.
It identifies risk and opportunities associated with those impacts. Key actions for building resilience are detailed across a range of sub-topics, including governance and policy resources, financial resources, human and social resources, knowledge resources and physical resources.
This report is part of a series of six reports developed through a province-wide risk and opportunity assessment project.
The other reports focus on specific commodities and areas of the province:
- Cattle production in the Central Interior
- Grain and oilseed production in the Peace region
- Mixed production in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
- Wine grape and tree fruit production in the Okanagan region
- Livestock and horticulture crops on Vancouver Island