This calendar displays past CCAP events. Follow the links to learn more.
Subscribe to the AgriServiceBC e-Bulletin to hear about tools, resources, and upcoming events from the BC Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
- This event has passed.
Managing changing pest pressures in a changing climate
October 19, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am PDT
This free webinar will highlight the challenges of changing pest populations and provide examples of collaborative efforts to improve pest management. As average temperatures warm and seasonal conditions become more variable, the risk of damage to agricultural production from insects, diseases, weeds and invasive species increases.
This session is the first in a four-part series by CAI discussing ways climate change is impacting BC farmers and ranchers and sharing resources and research that enable adaptation.
Presentations will include:
- Regional agricultural pest monitoring in the Peace: Talon Gauthier, Peace Region Forage Seed Association, and Keith Uloth, BC Peace Pest Monitoring
- Increasing pest monitoring and IPM practices on Vancouver Island: Bonnie Zand, Bonnie’s Bugs IPM
- Developing IPM guides with small-scale and diversified growers: Marjolaine Desseareault, E.S. Cropconsult
When & where
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- 10-11:15 a.m. Pacific Time
- Online via Zoom — a link will be shared after registration