This calendar displays past CCAP events. Follow the links to learn more.
Subscribe to the AgriServiceBC e-Bulletin to hear about tools, resources, and upcoming events from the BC Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
- This event has passed.
Okanagan agriculture wildfire preparedness information exchange
June 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDT
This interactive webinar session will give producers the opportunity to hear from and speak with representatives from the BC Wildfire Service, the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen, Search and Rescue, and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries.
Discussion items include:
- Wildfire communication news for the agriculture sector
- Wildfire outlook for 2021, presented by the BC Wildfire Service
- Wildfire mitigation activities planned by the BC Wildfire Service and Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
- What happens during a wildfire emergency
- Timeline of actions and coordination between organizations
- Roles and responsibilities
- Understanding evacuation stages
- Temporary access permits and what you need to know during an evacuation
When & where
- Online via Webex
- Thursday, June 10, 2021
- 9-10:30 a.m. Pacific Time
To register, follow the link below and select “Emergency Management EOC” in left column. Then choose Agriculture Wildfire Preparedness Info Exchange from the centre column. Before the event, you will receive the webinar link, with telephone option. Email the organizers for more information.