These resources identify priorities for improved resources, research and actions to address agricultural pest issues in the Fraser Valley.
The 2017 report analyzes the results of a 2016 pest inventory, identifying key areas for future attention and investment. It includes both emerging pest threats and established pests.
This analysis also informed the selection of topics for a series of pest fact sheets to improve knowledge and promote management.
The analysis also identified three research gaps, pointing to priority areas for future research:
- Pest resistance to treatment products
- The occurrence and distribution of some pests, such as nematodes
- Pests as vectors for plant pathogens
The 2018 report summarizes a series of activities addressing priority pest issues, including:
- Results from two focus groups that aimed to identify solutions for monitoring, management, education and research for two key pests: spotted wing drosophila and helminths
- Results from a cross-commodity workshop to foster collaboration and communicate earlier project findings